Thoughts & Inspiration
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.
A PRAYER FOR VETERANS
Proud of our nation, they answered her call -
Defending the freedom and safety of all.
On land or on sea, or in jets high above,
They went out of duty and honor and love.
But however they served, Lord, wherever they went,
Please bless them and help them to know what it meant!
And help us to thank them on Veterans Day -
For we owe them far more than we could ever say.
God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
And so, he called it Dad
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row.
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing fly.
Scarce heard amidst the guns below.
We are the dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up your quarrel with the foe!
To you from falling hands we throw
The torch. Be yours to hold it high!
If ye break faith with us who die,
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
Why did God make mothers? (Answers given by second grade school children)
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of string.
3. God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's mom like me.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has the weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
"Good Morning Lord"
You are ushering in another day
untouched and freshly new.
So here I come to ask you God
if you'll renew me too!
Forgive the many errors that
I made yesterday, and let me try
again dear God, to walk closer
in Thy way.
But Father, I am well aware
I can't make it on my own.
So take my hand and hold it tight
for I can't walk alone.
Take twelve months. Clean them thoroughly of all bitterness, hate and jealousy. Then arrange each month into 28, 30 and 31 different parts, but don't make up the whole batch at once. Prepare it one day at a time out of these ingredients.
Mix well into each day one part each of faith, patience, courage, work, hope, faithfulness, generosity, and kindness. Blend this mixture with a pint of prayer. Season the whole with a dash of good spirits, a sprinkle of fun, a pinch of play and a cupful of good humor.
Pour this batter into a vessel of love and cook thoroughly over radiant joy. When done, serve the day with a smile in the name of your Savior, who fills the new year with love and joy.